Gain the Skills to Save a Life
If you’re 15 or older and looking for a great summer or year-round job that’s in high demand, the American Red Cross Lifeguard Training that the YMCA offers is the best place to start. Lifeguarding lets you work as part of a team to help people safely enjoy the water. You could even save a life!
Lifeguard Certification Course:
Session 1: March 11th -15th (8am-5pm)
Session 2: April 19th -21st and April 26th-28th (Friday 5pm-10pm, Saturday and Sunday 8am-5pm)
Session 3: May 10th-12th and May 17th-19th (Friday 5pm-10pm, Saturday and Sunday 8am-5pm)
Session 4: May 30th-June 2nd and June 7th-9th (Thursday and Friday 5pm-10pm, Saturday and Sunday 8am-5pm)
Session 5: June 17th-21st (Friday 5pm-10pm, Saturday and Sunday 8am-5pm)
Session 6: July 8th-11th (8am-5pm)
We are excited to offer you American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification Course which includes CPR for the Professional Rescuer (CPRO), first aid, equipment based rescues for aquatic environments, accident prevention and decision making skills.
Must attend all classes in one session to receive certification.
- Must be 15 years or older by the last day of Lifeguard Certification class.
- Able to tread water for 2 minutes using only your legs
- Swim continuously the 300-yd using front crawl and /or breaststroke
- From a deck start, swim to and pick up a 10-pound brick off the bottom of the pool and return with brick on chest to side and exit water within 1 minute and 30 seconds.
To receive a lifeguard certification a candidate must:
- Attend 100% of all classes in one sessions
- Arrive on time for all classes
- Participate 100% in all classes
- Pass written and skills test
- Demonstrate maturity, respect and responsibility regardless of passing written and skill test
- Candidates unable to perform all the skills necessary to receive certification by the last day of the class will be granted 48 hours to schedule a retest with the instructor.
$225 – Members
$300 – Community
Learning is fun and easy! Through videos, group discussion and hands-on practice, you’ll learn:
• Rescue skills for use in the water and on land
• First aid and professional rescuer CPR/AED training to help you prepare for any emergency
• Professional lifeguard responsibilities
• Surveillance skills to help you recognize and prevent injuries
To register for any of the above listed courses, please contact Trace Hunt at email@example.com. Registrations must be received one week prior to class. Registration is on a first come, first served basis and SPACE IS LIMITED!
For more information please email Trace at firstname.lastname@example.org