Gain the Skills to Save a Life
If you’re 15 or older and looking for a great summer or year-round job that’s in high demand, the American Red Cross Lifeguard Training that the YMCA offers is the best place to start. Lifeguarding lets you work as part of a team to help people safely enjoy the water. You could even save a life!
Lifeguarding Blended Learning Course: August 11th, 18th, and 19th.
We are excited to offer you American Red Cross Lifeguarding Blended Learning. Blended learning combines online learning with in-person skills sessions where you will practice skills and demonstrate competency. Please plan to complete all eLearning modules, including the CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and First Aid final eLearning exam, at least two days prior to your first in-person skills session. Most participants complete the eLearning portion of the course in approximately 7 hours. Your experience may vary widely based on several factors including your PC, internet speed and previous training. I recommend beginning the online session as soon as possible to ensure that you are able to complete all eLearning modules prior to the first in-person skill session.
Must attend all classes in one session to receive certification.
- Must be 15 years or older by the last day of Lifeguard Certification class.
- Able to tread water for 2 minutes using only your legs
- Swim continuously the 300-yd using front crawl and /or breaststroke
- From a deck start, swim to and pick up a 10-pound brick off the bottom of the pool and return with brick on chest to side and exit water within 1 minute and 30 seconds.
To receive a lifeguard certification a candidate must:
- Attend 100% of all classes in one sessions
- Arrive on time for all classes
- Participate 100% in all classes
- Pass written and skills test
- Demonstrate maturity, respect and responsibility regardless of passing written and skill test
- Candidates unable to perform all the skills necessary to receive certification by the last day of the class will be granted 48 hours to schedule a retest with the instructor.
$225 – Members
$300 – Community
Learning is fun and easy! Through videos, group discussion and hands-on practice, you’ll learn:
• Rescue skills for use in the water and on land
• First aid and professional rescuer CPR/AED training to help you prepare for any emergency
• Professional lifeguard responsibilities
• Surveillance skills to help you recognize and prevent injuries
To register for any of the above listed courses, please contact Trace Hunt at email@example.com. Registrations must be received one week prior to class. Registration is on a first come, first served basis and SPACE IS LIMITED!
For more information please email Trace at firstname.lastname@example.org