Gain the Skills to Save a Life
If you’re 15 or older and looking for a great summer or year-round job that’s in high demand, the American Red Cross Lifeguard Training that the YMCA offers is the best place to start. Lifeguarding lets you work as part of a team to help people safely enjoy the water. You could even save a life!
Session 1 May 7-17 : 5pm- 10pm on the 7th, 8th, 10th, 14th, 16th, 17th
Session 2 May 26-31 : 8am-5pm on the 26th, 28th, 29th, 31st
Session 3 June 3-7 : 1pm-5pm on the 3rd, 8am-5pm on the 4th, 5th, 6th
Session 4 June 18-22 : 8am-5pm on the 18th, 19th, 21st, 22nd
Session 5 July 9-13 : 8am-5pm on the 9th, 10th, 12th, 13th
Must attend all classes in one session to receive certification.
- Must be 15 years or older by the last day of Lifeguard Certification class.
- Able to tread water for 2 minutes using only your legs
- Swim continuously the 300-yd using front crawl and /or breaststroke
- From a deck start, swim to and pick up a 10-pound brick off the bottom of the pool and return with brick on chest to side and exit water within 1 minute and 30 seconds.
To receive a lifeguard certification a candidate must:
- Attend 100% of all classes in one sessions
- Arrive on time for all classes
- Participate 100% in all classes
- Pass written and skills test
- Demonstrate maturity, respect and responsibility regardless of passing written and skill test
- Candidates unable to perform all the skills necessary to receive certification by the last day of the class will be granted 48 hours to schedule a retest with the instructor.
$175 – Members
$225 – Community
Learning is fun and easy! Through videos, group discussion and hands-on practice, you’ll learn:
• Rescue skills for use in the water and on land
• First aid and professional rescuer CPR/AED training to help you prepare for any emergency
• Professional lifeguard responsibilities
• Surveillance skills to help you recognize and prevent injuries
To register for any of the above listed courses, please complete this FORM and bring to any of the Metropolitan YMCAs of Mississippi location. Registrations must be received one week prior to class. Registration is on a first come, first served basis and SPACE IS LIMITED!
For more information please email Trace at email@example.com