Junior Lifeguarding is designed for youths 12 years of age, or those who have completed the 5th grade through 14 years of age.
This course will teach water safety and introduce participants to the duties and responsibilities of a lifeguard; however, this course will not certify anyone to be a lifeguard. It will build a foundation of knowledge, attitudes and skills in preparation for the American Red Cross Lifeguarding course.
March 12-14, 9am-3pm
$115 for YMCA Family Members
$150 for Community Members
Before entering Junior Lifeguarding, participants must demonstrate the following skills:
■ Swim the front crawl for 25 yards continuously while breathing to the front or side.
■ Swim the breaststroke for 25 yards using a pull, breathe, kick and glide sequence.
■ Complete the water competency sequence without stopping:
1. Step into water from the side and totally submerge.
2. Maintain position for one minute by treading water or floating (or a combination of the two).
3. Rotate one full turn and orient to the exit.
4. Level off and swim on the front or back 25 yards.
5. Exit without using a ladder.
Click here for the Flyer. Click here for the Registration Form.
Questions? Contact us!